I’ve been having a bit of a time lately. When I’m feeling wonky, my self-care regimen is truly put to the test, because my first instinct is to revert to not-so-healthy habits of relentless worrying and unproductive perfectionism. Not great.
But I’m a work in progress. I’m asking for (and accepting) help from people that love me. I’m eating a couple vegetables. And I’m learning to be ok with the ins-and-outs of being a beautiful, messy, emotional, grown adult lady. Here are a few of the things that are helping me stay centered and be kind to myself:
- Skipping a week of blogging when I need to
- The OBC recordings of Waitress, and Hamilton, and Next To Normal
- Lavender candles
- Food that tastes good/makes me feel good/is good for me
- Stranger Things
- Being ok with how many sweets I’m eating
- Exhibit A: Ben & Jerry’s A+++++ non-dairy line
- Cuddles with my dogs
- Bikram Yoga
- Forgiving myself for missing Bikram because I thought it started at 10:30 not 10 and it’s an honest mistake, ok?
- Peak-season tomatoes
- Writing lists
What do you all do to take care of yourselves? Do you have a favorite pop-culture comfort food? Or real comfort food? Tell me in the comments. Now go and hug someone you care about, drink a glass of water, and buy some good coconut oil, darling readers.
Love and theatre,